The Magician – Taking Charge of Creating the Life You Want

 After we begin a new journey like The Fool card depicts, the next step is creating the life we want. That’s where The Magician comes in.


The Magician card is The Fool's first step as it is labeled No. 1 in the Major Arcana of the Tarot. One cannot expect to bring about change and or success in one’s life without first knowing what one wants to create.



The Magician is in the energy of creation. He knows that he must impose his energy upon his outside world instead of allowing the outside world to impose its energy upon him and his life. He knows life happens for him, not to him. He is in charge of his energy and points to the ground and to the heavens indicating that “as it is above, so it is below.” The Magician has all the elements of the minor arcana around him, a wand, a pentacle, a cup, and a sword. So, he has what he needs to create whatever he wants.

He also knows that life is infinite. That is depicted in the card with the infinity sign above his head and the snake eating its tail as the belt around his waist. Around his head is a vine of red roses representing desire. There are also red roses in front of the table intertwined with the white lilies that imply the manifestation and cultivation of desires. His tunic is the white of purity and his outer robe is the red of desire, activity, and passion.

The Magician is calling on a higher power to join spirit and matter to create what he wants by using his staff in his right hand that is raised above his head and his left hand pointing towards the earth. I personally don’t believe you can create anything without the help of the Divine. And if you notice The Magician is surrounded by a white glow representing Divine white light. Your connection to the Divine is what creates the spark that creates your world. And when you connect to the Divine source miracles can happen.

But it isn’t just calling things in. It’s also taking action when you are called to do so.

In my own life, I just entered into a new journey living abroad. I took the leap, much like The Fool, last April. I now am manifesting the life I want by not only calling in what I want, but also in not allowing in people, places, and things that I no longer resonate with. That’s why one of the elements The Magician has is the sword. The sword provides clarity and can cut things out of our lives and keep them out.

That’s the whole point of the new journey you are on. If you keep allowing the old to come back and it may not be the same thing, but it’s of the same energy, you will keep repeating the old cycle. That’s why it's important to be in the energy of The Magician and use the sword. You want to create something new and that takes focused energy and fortitude to stay on the new path you are creating.

The wand is there to remind The Magician of his passions and to let those passions be his guide. The cup is there to help him stay true to his heart and the coin is his ties to the earthly realms.

What I’ve noticed in my life is that it requires a lot of alone time to manifest something new or to stay true to the new path you want to create. When I first arrived here in Krakow I met up with some colleagues but they weren’t going on the same path as me. They represented the old energy I left and at first, I went with it but I soon realized they weren’t going where I wanted to go. I used the energy of the sword to cut myself free from a path that only led to the old energy.

So, I spent some time alone getting clear on why I came to Europe in the first place. I also needed to create a firm foundation of income streams. That was a priority and where the coin comes into play. You have to have coin and a constant stream of it to proceed along your path. And I turned down jobs that didn’t resonate with my passions (the wand) and wasn’t calling to my heart (the cup.)

So, where in your life can your use The Magician energy or the tools he has at his disposal? What do you want to create on your latest journey? What do you need to cut out of your life that is keeping you stuck to the old path?

I was listening to a tarot reader I really resonate with called Crystal Empress recently and she said her channel was for people who were using The Tarot for transformation in their lives. I totally get her message. And my hope for this video series is that it helps you transform your life into one that is filled with heartfelt passion and joy. See you next month when we hear about The High Priestess and her intuitive powers!

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power Couple – The Empress and The Emperor

The Continuing Adventures of an American Writer Living Abroad, Toulouse

Settling in South Louisiana