My Career Life Begins Anew Abroad

Life suddenly turned on a dime this week with landing a new client here in Krakow. Thank you, God!

Now, I can expand outward a little more. I’ve been careful with spending money because I didn’t want to accumulate credit card debt. I’ve already got my eye on an expresso machine and a spin bike. Funny how your budget expands to match your income.



My new job is working for a digital marketing firm based in Krakow. The company is continuing its global expansion into other European countries and North America. I will be coordinating its media outreach, creating writing guidelines and a company style guide, as well as editing all English copy from writers from all over the world. And it’s an external position that I can work from home while attending meetings in-house as needed. I start the first full week in October.

Apparently, English speakers/writers with digital marketing experience are in high demand here. I had two other interviews lined up with major companies when I got the offer during my second interview. And another odd thing I found is that it’s American English, not British English, that European companies use on their websites. Being so close to the UK, I thought it would have been the other way around. But America has had a more significant influence on the development of websites and digital marketing.

Meanwhile, I am finishing up projects with my US client this month and preparing to work for a new client here in Poland. So, life begins anew finally after several months here. I am settled into my apartment (minus an expresso machine and spin bike) and have a routine. The first few months were trying to figure out how to get groceries and household items, get utilities hooked up, get around the city, pay bills (bank transfer only here in Poland), finding a doctor, hairdresser, filling prescriptions, and just getting acquainted with life abroad in general.

Now, I am ready. Ready to enjoy life again. It’s been a long hard road this past decade of my life. I wish I had left New York for Europe in 2009, but I wasn’t ready then. I had to work out my painful past, as many of us do. I think the first half of our lives is getting over our dysfunctional childhood. But alas that is fodder for another blog I wrote long ago. I am finally ready to let go of all of it and have healthy relationships based on mutual respect and reciprocation.

And let the fun begin! Blessings everyone. Thank you for following my journey abroad and beyond!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power Couple – The Empress and The Emperor

The Continuing Adventures of an American Writer Living Abroad, Toulouse

Settling in South Louisiana