Better Times Ahead - Life Abroad Starts to Blossom

 I am feeling a major shift in energy since yesterday’s full moon eclipse in Sagittarius. My moon is in Sagittarius, and I am feeling much better health-wise. I also have Saturn and Mercury in Sagittarius. All are in my second house of work and earned income.

I start writing for my US client again next week. I took a month off to get settled. I have resumes out and have had some play on them, but no firm offers yet. I am doing ok money-wise because of Social Security, which is a Godsend. And since expenses are so low here, I really just need a part-time writing gig I can do from anywhere. To keep my work permit, I need a client here. Once that happens, away I go to travel Europe. With COVID somewhat dying down as the weather gets warmer, many European countries are opening their borders,

It’s just been a month since I’ve been in Krakow. It seems like longer. I am settling into my apartment, which I love. I get the morning sun, and the afternoon sun is well behind me. So, I don’t get the heat of the day. I love waking up staring out into the blue sky. Well, that is when it isn’t raining. It has rained nearly five days a week since I’ve been here. But that has given me a chance to get my apartment arranged and get into a routine. And the trees and flowers are now in full bloom! And after the rain comes rainbows. There was a double rainbow outside my terrace last weekend! 






I’ve learned how to use all my appliances now. The convection oven is fantastic. That was the last thing I learned how to use. I don’t know if it was the chicken or the oven, but I have never tasted a moister chicken breast in all my life. And a convection oven takes less time. I also broke down and got a microwave to reheat food and got a few more odds and ends for the kitchen this week. So, minus some oven mitts and kitchen textiles, I am pretty set.

I have both dental and health insurance through English Wizards, my employer. I call them my employer, but I don’t actually work for them, and I have to find my own clients. They are the company that holds my work permit, does my client invoicing, pays and does my Polish taxes, and pays me—all for a monthly fee of $16. The health insurance is a lot cheaper here. I pay $67 a month for full medical and dental. And you can be on it until your 72. In the states, that’s unheard of.

Oh, and by the way, several US companies are headquartered here because salaries are much lower in Poland. One of the biggies that stands out is QVC which makes a killing financially off Americans. It’s amazing how companies are leaving America, and yet that’s where their bread and butter is. It doesn’t seem right, but it’s all about profit.

I have no regrets about leaving the states. Sure, I miss some of the food, but living there was unaffordable. Just to get a studio apartment nearly anywhere, it’s $1000 a month, and that’s without utilities, food, or furniture. You have to have a car, pay for insurance and health insurance. You cannot retire and live happily in the states anymore. It’s truly sad.

The next eclipse is June 10th. It’s a partial Solar Eclipse in Gemini. Solar eclipses bring new beginnings. It is in my 9th house of travel and wisdom. To see how these eclipse energies are affecting you, you need to get a natal chart done. Just Google "free natal chart" and then enter your birth information. Then you find where those astrological signs fall in your birth chart. 

I have a feeling by the end of June, I will be working for a client based here in Poland. Plus, working for my US client as well. Things are looking up, and I really believe I made the right move. I feel at peace now. It’s been a long time in coming, but Barbara has finally found her new home and her happiness. It didn't come easy, and I had to process and let go of a lot but the road to happiness is filled with a lot of rain before the rainbows can come!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power Couple – The Empress and The Emperor

The Continuing Adventures of an American Writer Living Abroad, Toulouse

Settling in South Louisiana