Total Lunar Eclipse April 4th – Letting go

Wow – a month to remember that’s for sure. A three-and-half-year job ended and so did a four-year relationship. Endings that’s what this lunar eclipse is about this week. Letting go, quite probably the hardest lesson we have in earth school.

Letting go, what does it truly mean. So much has to happen before the actually letting go part begins. There’s anger. There’s regret. And there’s even denial. Much like the stages of grief, letting go is a process. It doesn’t happen overnight, sometimes it takes years, and especially when we had a lot invested in the relationship or situation.

It isn’t easy, but it does seem to get easier with every letting go or so it seems to me. I think as we grow older we invest less. When we are young we enter relationships and situations with so much abandon, investing so much of ourselves in its success. But after a few failures we invest less, we expect less and we give less. And then it is done and somehow we are glad we survived yet another failed job, relationship, friendship or event.

Are we wiser for this apparent stage of development? I don’t know, but it does seem less painful when they leave us. We just watch them go knowing it’s for the best, for them and for us as well. It didn’t work. It couldn’t. But we go through this stage of thinking we could have done more, but even this seems to lessen with each passing.

Perhaps at this point we know ourselves. For instance, I am of the age where I no longer party. And trying to engage in a relationship with someone younger that still finds this entertaining no longer appeals to me. I love my quiet times, my time alone now is relished. I don’t need to get wasted to enjoy life. I love my pets, my home and I love my life. And alone time is good thing.

We begin to realize people don’t bring us happiness. But they sure can suck the happiness out of us if we let them. I won’t anymore. I am happy; and I am not entertaining any more unhappy souls who happen to be attracted to my light. You can’t have it for it comes from within; and you have to provide your own happiness and light. I am no longer going to be the finger pointing to the moon. If you cannot figure out where the light comes from, you can wander in the darkness for the rest of your life. I am done being the tour guide to God for you.

Lost souls, you must avoid them for they will only take yours in the end. You cannot take someone where they don’t already know how to go. Trying to will just make you miserable. It is a very frustrating endeavor to try and enlighten someone who does not want to be enlightened.

Leaving the past where it belongs in the past. Moving on with this new lunar energy. Total Lunar Eclipse April 4th. Peace and love to all! New beginnings abound. Let’s put our energy into that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power Couple – The Empress and The Emperor

The Continuing Adventures of an American Writer Living Abroad, Toulouse

Settling in South Louisiana