Another Turning point

Sheets are in the washer, dark clothes in the dryer, and dishes in the sink from hash browns, biscuits and sausage at breakfast. It's muggy out and hot for a December, but you never know what you are going to get weather-wise in South Louisiana in the winter.

Corwyn's carving up his deer meat from last weekend’s hunt. Sofie, our cat, took a spin in the dryer when I took the last load out and Lucy our dachshund is being lazy as usual and is resting on the sofa.

Seems like when my personal life is settled, my professional life is anything but. I am working for an international firm and not liking it and haven’t liked it for nigh on three years. But I tried to get my angel card business off the ground this year, nothing. I might have gotten two paid readings and given over 10 frees ones. I spent $2,000 on an Internet Marketing online course, which didn’t help a whole lot. It seems you have to work full-time at it and I already have a full-time job. What to do? What to do?

I haven’t been happy professionally for a very long time and there is no denying it anymore. Sure I need to pay the bills, but if that’s all there is to life is working a 9 to 5 job (and it isn’t 9 to 5 anymore, it’s more like 7 to 5) and hating it five days week, what the hell is the point.


I give up trying to figure it out anymore. I don’t think there is a job I would like to devote my full-time energy to besides my angel card readings and writing my book “Following the Light.”
And there lies the conundrum. I feel like I’ve given and given and followed the light until I can’t see straight. And here I am again living paycheck to paycheck, with very little happiness in my career. Is this the turning point where I say enough is enough? I am tired of pleasing another ego-driven boss trying to make a name for his or her self to climb that every elusive corporate ladder. I’ve been there and there ain’t nothin’ at the top of that ladder, but loneliness and stress. And I refuse to take that route again, but trying to make a living at angel card readings has not been achievable. Even those that do it have other income unless there are nationally known.

Dear God, please answer my prayer of opening up the next path.  Please be a lamp unto my feet. Thank you for your humble servant, Barbara Lou Nelson.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power Couple – The Empress and The Emperor

The Continuing Adventures of an American Writer Living Abroad, Toulouse

Settling in South Louisiana