The Best is Yet To Come

Tonight is the longest total lunar eclipse in over 120 years. And there's been a lot of hype about how this eclipse will bring endings in massive proportion. It can indeed be a turning point if you want to see it as so.

In my life, I kept thinking well I just quit my job, moved across the country, after having sold or given away nearly all my belongings. I am pretty much sitting on empty. I really don't see how much more can end in my life.

However, when one is at zero the next questions is always "what do I fill my life with this time"? What I chose before did it bring happiness, did it honor me, did it fulfill me? Much of it did not. So, I am being very selective about what I am going to let in this time.

In doing a lot of soul-searching, I am trying to figure out what exactly do I want my new life to look like? What I discovered about myself is that I need constant change and adventure. And if I love change and adventure so much, then I really don't want another 9 to 5 corporate job.

Currently, I am living with my sister in Haddam, CT. But I would love to travel the world and write. I've been trying to combine those two passions for near 30 years. Maybe between the July 27th Lunar eclipse and the Solar Eclipse on August, 11th that dream will be realized or at least I set a plan in motion to make it a reality!!!

What's your dream? What needs to end in your life? If you are sitting on empty, what do you want to fill your life with going forward? Make it good! Fill it with joy and passion!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Continuing Adventures of an American Writer Living Abroad, Toulouse

The Power Couple – The Empress and The Emperor

Living Abroad - Year One